Monday, March 30, 2009

is this it?

it's more overwhelming than i thought it would be. this whole weaning situation. it's so bittersweet, like something is coming to an end.... such as when you're reading a great novel and you don't want it to end, but there has to be an ending.... that's almost how i feel.

supergirl's appetite has increased by an incredible amt the past few days! she seems to be hungry constantly and always asking for food. which is a good thing we think. and last night, first night ever since her birth, she fell asleep without nursing. it's such a momentous moment when it dawned on me that my supergirl is done with my boobs! she's a big girl- she's totally ok with just eating solids. i'm sad. there was a moment before she fell asleep and she placed her hand on my chest and looked at me with those knowing eyes and asked for milk. it was so timid, and i just gave her a big hug and soon she was asleep. i'm so emotional.

once today, she placed her hand on my chest again and asked. i distracted her quite easily. is this it? the end? the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment